WordPress for Photographers: it is one of the best systems we have at our disposal for sharing our work. All it takes is a little know how.
WordPress for Photographers
Photographers need a web site and there are many option. WordPress is one of the best and most flexible options. Through its system of templates and plugins a WordPress site can be just about anything from a simple gallery system, to a blog, to a full corporate site with lead generation, eCommerce or learning management.
During the WordPress for Photographers workshop, students will learn why to choose WordPress over alternatives. The class will start with an overview of WordPress to help students understand it’s different components and their function. The instructor will show the students how to get the most out of WordPress as photographers. We will walk through creating and customizing a basic site using themes and plugins. The instructor will share some of his favorite plugins as well as tricks for maintaining a vibrant site.
The class will spend a good amount of time talking about image management. The instructor will also touch on other issues such as hosting options and how to install WordPress if required.
|Aug 16th, 2017||Precision Camera
Instructor: Andrew Fritz
|On Demand||Private Photography Lesson||Request|
- What is WordPress and what problems it solves for photographers.
- With a quick look at alternatives and how the differ.
- The basics of hosting for WordPress (what is managed, shared, vps hosting, etc) and what you need.
- Installing WordPress (it’s easy) and Configuring a Basic Site
- WordPress Basics – Understanding Posts vs Pages, as well as Permalinks and Taxonomies.
- Themes and Plugins – Customizing a Site
- How to pick a theme or plugin.
- Some favorites.
- Dealing with Images – Several Options
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Just the basics.
- Backups… Backups… Backups…
This class is perfect for photographers considering setting up a web site for the first time, those with a site they are not happy with and those wanting to go beyond the default install of WordPress.
This is a classroom only class that lasts approximately 3 hours with a short break in the middle. Students are encouraged to ask questions and interact throughout.