Come and explore the creative freedom offered by the night sky. Sunset brings out a whole new world of photographic mystery. Subtle changes we can now capture with digital photography. Bend time, alter its flow and find your lens connection to the night.
Night Photography 101 will introduce you to the basic techniques needed to work at night and teach you how to continue making compelling pictures when everyone else has packed it in for the night.
- Metering and Exposure at Night
- Tricks for Composition and Focus at Night
- The basics of Long Exposure, Light Painting and Stacking
- Tips and techniques for using Tripods, Cable Releases and Bulb Mode
- A Post Processing demo to get the most out of after dark images.
- Camera with Manual Mode
- Bright Head Lamp or Flashlight.
- [optional, but recommended] Cable Release
Some equipment may be available for loan/rental during the class, first come first serve. Please inquire when booking.
He is a self taught experiential learner who is addicted to the possibilities that new (to him) gear open up. He loves to share the things he has worked out. Andrew started with a passion for landscape and night photography and quickly branched out to work in just about every form of photography. He is an ex-software developer with extensive experience in the IT realm.